MacDuffs Soap Co. - Crowsnest Pass - Shaving Soap
Description from MacDuffs:
Notes: Spice, Citrus, Bay Leaf, Vanilla, Tobacco, Leather, Musk, Cedar, Tree Moss Blend
"Trained to live beneath the soil, In dark and damp they have to toil." - From the Coal Miner's Prayer
The Crowsnest Pass is a collection of Rocky Mountain towns located in the south eastern region of Alberta, all owing their existence to coal mining. Aside from it's natural beauty, “the Pass” has a storied history including tragic mining accidents, Frank’s Slide (where the tip of Turtle Mountain broke loose the town of Frank was decimated) and even was a hotbed of illicit alcohol smuggling (the inspiration for my “Prairie Rum Runner" scent).
Crowsnest Pass has a strong and sweet citrus opening of Sicilian lemon and Calabrian bergamot that’s given some interest with just enough bay leaf spice. This sweetness is tempered with a good dose of tobacco that’s blended with hints leather, musk and Virginian cedar. Like our “Old Strathcona” scent, the scent is supported by a magnificent blend of oak, cedar and pine moss absolutes.
Available in a plastic large dish (soap weight is 120g) with enough room to work the brush around.
About Our Soap
- We are proud to include beef tallow sourced from a family run farm in southern Alberta that is both certified grass fed and humane.
- Our shea butter is unrefined, organic and certified fair trade and, with the aid of goat milk, oils and butters, helps keep your skin feeling moisturized after you shave.
- Green Tea extract is a rich source of antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- White Willow Bark extract is an astringent
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* is a moisturizer that enhances the moisturizing properties of our shave and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Silk and goat's milk lend a luxurious creaminess to your shave
- Superfatted with the organic oils of argan, jojoba, pumpkin seed, camellia seed and shea butter.
- All of our fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Stearic Acid, *Tallow, Glycerine, Castor Oil, *Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, *Babassu Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Coconut Oil, *Camellia Seed Oil, Mango Butter, Beer, Goat Milk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Sodium Lactate, *Argan Oil, *Jojoba Oil, *Pumpkin Seed Oil, Silk Peptides, Green Tea Extract, White Willow Bark Powder, Essential Oil Blend