MacDuffs Soap Co. - Aftershave Splash - Cardamom Chai
Description from MacDuffs:
Notes: Cardamom, Cedarwood, Coriander, Citrus, Black Licorice, Patchouli, Amyris, Spice, Black Pepper
"I have not told half of what I saw" - Marco Polo
Cardamom has a sweet eucalyptus almost citrusy aroma that blends well with other spices, including clove, cassia and the subtle black licorice notes of sweet fennel.
Coriander shares a mild citrus top note of cardamom but also lends a sharp black pepper note to the blend. We accented the sweeter citrus with orange and Sicilian lemon and is anchored with a base of cedarwood and patchouli.
Cardamom Chai is scented naturally and features a blend of eleven essential oils of which cardamom is the most predominant. Upfront you’ll get spice notes out of the bottle that fade on the dry down, revealing the sweet citrusy cardamom base.
To keep this product skin safe, we lowered the scent percentage compared to our other aftershaves. To help compensate for this we included the “fixative” amyris--also known as West Indian Sandalwood, which, in addition to having a pleasant and mild balsamic woody note, helps extend the other notes.
This product contains a small amount of cassia and clove essential oils.
About Our Splash
- Alcohol free witch hazel and aloe vera based splash
- Organic Jojoba oil and glycerine help the skin retain moisture (emollient).
- Uses Olivem, which is a water-soluble fat with sebum recovering activities (sebum is the oily, waxy substance produced by your body’s sebaceous glands). Olivem has strong emolliency and lubricant properties that offers a distinctive skin smoothness and long-term moisturizing effects.
- DL-Panthenol, or Vitamin B5 is used to rehydrate dry, damaged skin
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* and silk peptides enhance the moisturizing properties of our splash and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Allantoin is widely used in cosmetic, dermatological and pharmaceutical formulations for its soothing and anti-irritating properties. Allantoin stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation even at low concentrations.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract and Vitamin E are antioxidants that extend the life of our splash, but also have beneficial moisturizing properties.
- White Willow Bark is an astringent.
- All of our fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- As this is a water based product, we must use preservative to keep our aftershave splash free from bacteria and mould.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (Ecocert Emulsifier), Organic Jojoba, Preservative (Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), White Willow Bark, Sodium Lactate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Silk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Vitamin B5 (DL-Panthenol), Paraben + Phthalate Free Fragrance Oil, Essential Oils
Made in Canada
We Also Recommend
Coming Soon - Southern Witchcrafts - Special Edition Aftershave Splash - Gothorum Tonstrina