MacDuffs Soap Co. - Almond Biscottie - Shaving Soap
Description from MacDuffs:
Notes: Roasted Coffee Bean, Bitter Almond, Allspice, Dark Chocolate, Cocoa Absolute, Green Coffee, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Patchouli
"Dogs are such agreeable friends. They ask no questions, they make no criticisms." - George Elliot
Since Macduff turned five this August (2021), I wanted to do a tribute soap to acknowledge his strong presence both in the business and my life. Every label I’ve designed, every scent that I’ve researched and formulated, Macduff was there not too far away, either laying on my feet or snoring away in his ill-fitting bed beside my desk. In fact, that’s where he is right now as I write this.
Why Macduff? A lot of people wonder if it's my last name or where that name comes from. When I first decided to start this business, I was struggling with a name and on a whim I chose “Macduff” as I had just brought him home a few short months ago, and, as a demanding Scottie puppy, obviously on my mind quite a bit.
Back then, I only had six scents and only sold hand soaps. One of these original scents was a simple blend of coffee, spice and bitter almond called Almond Biscotti--I still sell that hand soap to this day. Countless times I’ve accidentally spelled it “biscottie” which in part inspired the idea to use this scent as a tribute to Macduff. I also used to have his face on the labels I originally designed, and so this is a throwback to that as well.
Almond Biscottie is a rich and decadent coffee scent. Initial notes of bitter almond and some green coffee essential oil open up the scent, (green coffee has a herbal, peppery and almost cinnamon like note quality). The almond, while punchy, quickly fades to a delicious blend of vanilla, dark chocolate, roasted coffee and allspice. You will also find tonka bean absolute, which has an almond like smell, and with the addition of patchouli, lends a buttery quality to the dry down. There is plenty of sweetness here, but with the dry, roasted coffee, there should be enough nuance here for someone looking for a deep and rich scent.
- This is a softer soap. Brush lathering works but is easy to overload!
- We are proud to include beef tallow sourced from a family run farm in Alberta that is both certified grass fed and humane.
- Made with four skin nourishing butters: fair trade raw organic shea butter, kokum butter, fair trade cocoa butter and mango butter
- Green Tea extract is a rich source of antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Tremella extract is high in vitamin D, has strong water-binding capacities, easily penetrates the skin's layers, forming a protective film of moisture that transforms the look and feel of dryness and roughness.
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* is a moisturizer that enhances the moisturizing properties of our shave and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Silk, goat's milk and yogurt lend a luxurious creaminess to your shave.
- Superfatted with the organic oils of argan, jojoba, pumpkin seed, camellia seed and shea butter.
- Aloe Vera helps soothe the skin and makes for a better post shave feel.
- All of our fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- Each soap is 120 grams and comes in standard white, shallow tubs.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Tallow, Glycerine, Castor Oil, Kokum Butter, Shea Butter*, Cocoa Butter, Camellia Seed Oil*, Mango Butter, Aloe, Goat
Milk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Sodium Lactate, Argan Oil*, Jojoba Oil*, Pumpkin Seed Oil*, Tremella Seed Extract, Silk Peptides, Green Tea Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Yogurt, Parfum