MacDuffs Soap Co. - Badlands - Aftershave Splash
Description from MacDuffs:
Scent Notes: Grapefruit, Yuzu, Citrus Rind, Peach, Tonka Bean, Musk, Patchouli, Benzoin, Coriander Blossom
"Give me the splendid, silent sun with all his beams full-dazzling." - Walt Whitman
Sweet grapefruit juice and a touch of peach balanced by the bitterness of grapefruit rind and yuzu, a Japanese citrus fruit. The brightness of the citrus notes are tamed with rich tonka bean, patchouli, musk and vanilla-esque benzoin which also lend a more interesting dry down to the scent.
This version of Badlands is updated for 2023, with sees the peach aspect toned down in favour of more sharpness from the grapefruit and a hint of florals from prior versions.
- Alcohol free witch hazel and aloe vera based splash
- Organic Jojoba oil and glycerine help the skin retain moisture (emollient).
- Uses Olivem, which is a water-soluble fat with sebum recovering activities (sebum is the oily, waxy substance produced by your body’s sebaceous glands). Olivem has strong emolliency and lubricant properties that offers a distinctive skin smoothness and long-term moisturizing effects.
- DL-Panthenol, or Vitamin B5 is used to rehydrate dry, damaged skin
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* and silk peptides enhance the moisturizing properties of our splash and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Allantoin is widely used in cosmetic, dermatological and pharmaceutical formulations for its soothing and anti-irritating properties. Allantoin stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation even at low concentrations.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract and Vitamin E are anti oxidants that extend the life of our splash, but also have beneficial moisturizing properties.
- White Willow Bark is an astringent.
- All of our fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- As this is a water based product, we must use preservative to keep our aftershave splash free from bacteria and mould.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Ingredients: Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (Ecocert Emulsifier), Organic Jojoba, Preservative (Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), White Willow Bark, Sodium Lactate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Silk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Vitamin B5 (DL-Panthenol), Paraben + Phthalate Free Fragrance Oil, Essential Oils